Acupuncture – Treating and Assessing Musculoskeletal and Sports Injuries.
Thursday April 19th 9.00 am to 5.00 pm – 7 Hours CPD
- Develop a basic understanding of the patho-physiological processes of acute sub acute and chronic injures against a paradigm of both Western and Eastern medicine.
- Improve your clinical assessment and treatment strategies.
- Use safely and effectively a defined number of needles techniques and approaches.
- Develop and improve your patient handling skills.
- Develop a full understanding of the cautions and contraindications of the conditions and interventions covered.
- Know when to treat, not treat and when to refer to others for ongoing care.
Throughout the day you will learn
- Assessment of different categories of muscle / ligament injuries.
- Differentiation of bruising and an outline of conventional treatment.
- First aid for injuries.
- How to effectively integrate Western and TCM acupuncture into effective treatment plans and treatment strategies to help your clients.
- Examination of injured joints including the back, neck, knee, shoulder, arm and leg.
- Learn how to integrate acupuncture and its adjunctive techniques more deeply into a your current practice.
- Start to develop a multidisciplinary treatment approach to assisting clients.
- A number of acupuncture techniques, including; thread needling, eagle claw, star fish formation, ah-shi points, electro-acupuncture, and learn their strengths and weaknesses.
- A number of practical Tui na and Physiotherapy techniques, and when and where to use them.
- General exercises for well-being and their importance to sports personnel, covering a number of simple and helpful Qi Gong exercises.
- The contraindications, amber and red flags for treating acute and chronic injuries, and importantly when to refer patients to others.
By the end of the day, as a participant, you should have developed a better understanding of injuries in relation to the TCM and Western medical models, how to accurately assess a number of joints of the body, developed an understanding of how to effectively use acupuncture and its adjunctive techniques to treat these conditions, and learned how to formulate principles of treatment, treatment plans and points prescriptions based on these conditions.
Share Treating and Assessing MSK and Sports Injuries CPD event