This great 1 day CPD hands on practical course aims to get you to learn how to achieve improved joint mobility, stretch shortened muscle and fascia, break down adhesions and fibrotic tissue, improve muscle tone and circulation and reduce tightness thus increasing range of movement.
Throughout the hands on day we aims to equip you with the understanding and confidence to apply MET stretching to areas of the body.
The course is designed to offer an opportunity to integrate new techniques into the learners practice.
Who is the course for?
- Participants need to have successfully completed the first course “Introduction to Muscle Energy Techniques -1.
- Bodyworkers holding a Level 3 or above qualification in their modality and Anatomy and Physiology.
What will I learn?
This course introduces you, the learner, to the basic theoretical and practical principles of MET’s. It will teach you how to professionally and competently demonstrate the skills of MET’s used in soft tissue mobilisation. Topics covered during the day include; isometric contraction, PIR, and a revision of the postural muscles. This is a very hands on clinically focused workshop.
The course will offer you the opportunity to revise and learn;
- A brief revision of techniques learnt in previous MET course including treating chronic or acute conditions.
- Muscle length assessments to the upper body.
- Treatments using MET’s to upper body including;
- Post Isometric relaxation (PIR)
- Reciprocal inhibition (RI)
- Contraindications to MET
On completion of the course, students will be able to professionally and competently ;
- Demonstrate assessment of paravertebral muscles
- Demonstrate safely and effectively at least 2 functional assessments
- Perform techniques (MET’s) to different parts of the upper body.
- Perform at least 5 MET releases
- Explain the benefits of using MET
- Describe the contraindications to using MET
- £115.00 (early bird)
- £135.00 (full price)
Is the course assessed?
- Assessment is undertaken on the course to help the learner develop confidence in performing a safe MET treatment.
- Regular feedback is given throughout the course, as and when appropriate by the tutor.
- Overall progress will be discussed with individuals at the end of the course.
- All participants must ensure that they are in good health.
- Attendees should pre-read Scientific evidence based underpinning the use of MET’s.
- All participants must be prepared to give and receive treatments during the training, and a must be over 18 years old.
- Students who may be fasting for religious other reasons must inform the tutor before the course commences.