This 1-day course on how to assess the lower limb has been uniquely designed for professionals who have a desire to develop and improve their clinical skills in accurately assessing and noting function and dysfunction in the joints of the lower limb, and the joints of the hip, knee, ankle and foot.
Who is the course for?
As a participant you must have sound and grounded working knowledge of the anatomy of the lower limb, and a keen interest in developing your clinical skills. It is suitable for qualified and student;
- Body workers
- Sports therapists
- Kinesiologists etc.
What will I learn?
This is a very hands on practical day, and as a participant you will learn:
- how to accurately palate the lower limb for function and dysfunction.
- how to palate the difference between healthy tissue and dysfunctional tissue.
- how to feel for fascial restrictions.
- develop further your clinical communication and note taking skills.
- develop new body scanning techniques.
Throughout the day you will learn:
- how to effectively and accurately manually assess the joints of the hip, knee, ankle and foot.
- how to effectively use palpation to help you diagnose tissues ranging from healthy to dysfunctional, thereby enabling you to improve the clinical outcomes for your clients.
- develop and enhance your clinical communication and note taking skills.
You will be aided through the day with guided practice to help you develop and improve your understanding of the function and anatomy of the spine, to effectively use palpation to assess the joints of the lower limb and to use manual assessment methods to accurately diagnose dysfunction of the lower limb.
- Due to the hands on practical nature of the day, please note that you should be prepared to work on each other and be worked upon, and be wearing appropriate clothing such as appropriate underwear, comfortable shorts T-shirt etc.
- Please NOTE due to the very practical nature of the course the minimum attendees needed to run the course is 6, and there is maximum of 12 participants on this course. This ensures that you receive a huge amount of constructive and helpful feedback form the tutor throughout the day.
- You will be supplied with a full set of colour notes, a CPD certificate of attendance, access to the CPD Group app, and all the clinical equipment needed to train.
- Assessment is undertaken on a continuous basis by the tutor throughout the day as the course is a hands on practical course