RCHM – Putting Herbs Into Practice
7 Hours CPD
The disease differentiation (bian bing) teaching will allow you to:
- Come to a diagnosis
- Focus the treatment on a dominant symptom whilst also being rooted in the pattern differentiation (bian zheng)
- Monitor treatment effectiveness
- Assess if treatment outcomes are being or have been achieved
- Talk to patients in a manner that they understand.
- You will gain confidence about when to prescribe alongside medications and when to be cautious.
- You will learn to investigate medications for specific interactions and how to assess for general ones. This will involve using search engines and online resources such as the BNF to explore current knowledge and research.
- You will refresh and add to your knowledge of writing a balanced and effective herbal formula.
- In addition it is anticipated that you will gain confidence in your practice as a result of attending the seminar/s. The RCHM aims to build up a practitioner network of nurturing peer support from the seminar series.
The course has been uniquely devised for practising and final year therapists of all disciplines who hold professional insurances that will cover them for the use of herbs within their scope of practice, and who have an interest in developing and enhancing their clinical skills.
Seminars are open to all RCHM members (all categories) and graduates of accredited herbal courses.
- Refreshments and lunch sadly are not provided.
- You will need to bring a pen or pencil, we will be providing everything else; full colour course notes, all of the training equipment etc.
- As a participant you must have a sound working knowledge of Chinese Herbal Medicine.
- There is no formal assessment, but a quiz style knowledge check at the end of the day will allow practitioners to check their own knowledge from each day.
- Supporting material and PDF files for the lecture slides will be available to all participants electronically via Moodle upon full payment for each day.
Great Maze Pond