Setting up and developing a thriving practice
Date – TBA – 7 Hours CPD
About the course
When you are starting up in practice, it is important that you are aware of business options to consider. Often the first steps are the most difficult ones, and our Setting up in practice CPD course will help you by pointing you in the direction of answers to some key questions.
This 1-day course aims to furnish you with all of the necessary tools, resources and information that you will need to setup, establish and develop a flourishing practice, develop a healthy list of clients, and for you to ensure that your practice develops fully and on a firm business footing.
Setting up in business in today’s financial environment means you have little room to make time consuming mistakes that and costly financially.
The course will furnish you with solid experience based business advice, ranging from the most useful computer program’s that will enable you to work smarter rather than harder to achieve more in less time, through how to make the most of Tax and the Inland Revenue, to the paperwork required to set up and run your practice. Along with practical and useful advice on issues of how to set up as a practitioner.
On this 1-day intensive course you will cover;
- The Initial steps.
- How and when to register with HMRC.
- Your legal business structure, sole trader, limited company, partnership etc.
- What type of practice will suit you best, the pros and cons.
- How to work out where to practice and why.
- Business planning.
- Marketing, what will work where and why.
- Financial issues, taxation, inland revenue, expenses claiming, banking, pensions, insurances, NI, etc.
- Government acts such as Data Protection, and regulations that will affect you in clinical practice.
- Record keeping, how to do it, what programme are best for you.
- Book keeping and accounting, D.I.Y. or use professionals.
- Clinical waste.
- Local environmental health. CPD, planning and undertaking.
- Presentations to groups and companies.
- Communications systems, phone, email, drop in.
- Admin and paperwork, Clinical forms to use.
- Building your practice, investigating your competitors and collaborators.
- Marketing, how to make modern social media work for you.
- Outside help.
- Web sites, DIY or Buy.
- What computer / mobile based program’s will help you to work smarter not harder.
- First aid.
- Risk assessment – your clinic, fire, first aid and health and safety.