How to assess the joints of the spine
This professional course is geared towards healthcare professionals who are seeking to enhance their clinical skillset.
Our specially designed course is dedicated to equipping you with the required knowledge, and expertise, to accurately assess and record function and dysfunction in the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine.
The goal of this course is to provide you with the necessary tools to continually improve your patient care, and clinical outcomes.
By enrolling in this enriching learning journey, you will have the opportunity to elevate your practice and enhance your patient outcomes.
Join us on this professional development opportunity to advance your clinical skills, and provide exceptional patient care.
It's valid for
Its a level
post graduation course
It costs from
Book securely though our Eventbrite booking system
This is a hands on practical day, and as a participant you will learn:
- how to accurately palate the spine for function and dysfunction.
- how to palate the difference between healthy tissue and dysfunctional tissue.
- how to feel for fascial restrictions.
- develop further your clinical communication and note taking skills.
- develop new body scanning techniques.
Throughout the day you will learn:
- how to effectively and accurately manually assess the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine..
- how to effectively use palpation to help you diagnose tissues ranging from healthy to dysfunctional, thereby enabling you to improve the clinical outcomes for your clients.
- develop and enhance your clinical communication and note taking skills.
You will be aided through the day with guided practice to help you develop and improve your understanding of the function and anatomy of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine, to effectively use palpation to assess the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine, and to use manual assessment methods to accurately diagnose dysfunction of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine.
As a participant you must have sound and grounded working knowledge of the anatomy of the spine, and a keen interest in developing your clinical skills. It is suitable for qualified and student;
- Body workers
- Sports therapists
- Kinesiologists etc.
It is ideal for those who are looking to elevate their practice and students who wish to gain a deeper understanding of these therapies and develop their clinical skills.
As you progress through the course, your tutor will provide you with regular formative assessments. These are designed to provide you with constructive feedback, instruction, and correction in order to help you thrive on the course.
Your tutor will closely observe your progress and provide you with comprehensive assessments in a professional and supportive manner, as part of the learning process.
This workshop is classroom-based course and is undertaken over 1 day.
You will receive a CPDG certificate of attendance. This is valid for 7 hours CPD and is recognised by all healthcare professions.
You will receive both an electroinic and hard copy for your files.
Alison Martin commenced on her osteopathic journey as a mature student after witnessing the results of osteopathic treatment on an injured race horse.
After graduation from the British School of Osteopathy, and registering with the General Osteopathic Council, she worked with a variety of senior tutors in general family practice until opening her own very successful practice in Fawkham, Kent. Read more…
You will receive full acess to any online VLE elements of the course that are available.
All downloadable free practical technique resources are available from our amazing VLE website HERE.
- Refreshments and lunch sadly are not provided.
- You will need to bring a pen or pencil, we will be providing everything else; full colour course notes, all of the training equipment etc.
- Due to the hands on practical nature of the day, please note that you should be prepared to work on each other and be worked upon, and be wearing appropriate clothing such as appropriate underwear, comfortable shorts T-shirt etc.
- Due to the very practical nature of the course the minimum attendees needed to run the course is 4, and there is maximum of 12. This ensures that you receive a huge amount of constructive and helpful feedback from the tutor throughout the day.
- You will be supplied with a full set of colour notes, a CPD certificate of attendance, access to the CPD Group app, and all the clinical equipment needed to train.
- All participants must be prepared to give and receive treatments during the training, and a must be over 18 years old, and have read and signed the health screening questionnaire prior to the session
- If you are fasting for religious or other reasons you must inform the tutor before the course commences.