Treating MSK problems using distal and classified acupuncture points
This course aims to support and enhance your use of classified and distal acupuncture points to treat musculoskeletal problems. Throughout the course, you will gain knowledge about the location and function of many classified points, and learn how to efficiently incorporate them into your MSK treatments.
The course is designed to help you refine your acupuncture reasoning and interventions within a multi-disciplinary approach to treating MSK problems, as well as further develop your sensitivity to Qi. You will also learn a diverse range of needle techniques to aid in injury resolution, such as bruising and swellings.
By the end of this comprehensive course, you will possess a clear understanding of how to diagnose and treat patients with MSK problems effectively by using a range of defined classified points.
This course is tailored for you as an experienced professional who wants to elevate your skills in assessing and treating acute and chronic injuries with pinpoint accuracy.
It's valid for
Its a level
post graduation course
Book securely though our Eventbrite booking system
By the end of the session the you will be able to;
- Use safely and effectively a number of defined acupuncture needle insertion techniques.
- Develop a variety of diagnostic skills using palpation and apply a variety of treatment approaches
- Identify anatomical structures mapping to the Western and Chinese musculoskeletal models and be able to locate and identify classified and Auricular acupuncture points.
- Understand the functions of the classified points, and develop further an understanding of how and when to utilise them.
- Understand and be able to use and treat identified classified and distal points in treating MSK problems using a number of different approaches.
- Understand the relevant and appropriate health and safety issues
- Develop further your patient handling skills.
- Learn new treatment strategies to aid patients, and the strengths and weaknesses of a variety of interventions
The course has been uniquely devised for practising and final year therapists of all disciplines who hold professional insurances that will cover them for the use of acupuncture within their scope of practice, and who have an interest in developing and enhancing their clinical skills.
- Acupuncturists (BAcC, BMAS, ATCMA etc.).
- Osteopaths (Dry needling).
- Chiropractors (Dry needling).
- Physiotherapists (AACP).
A working knowledge of acupuncture (any particular style) is required.
Yes, you will be formatively assessed throughout the course, your tutor will provide you with observed, assessed, constructive correction, feedback and instruction.
The course runs over 1-day face to face clinical training day.
You will receive a CPD certificate recognised by your professional asscoaition valid for 7 hours CPD.
We send you a hard copy by post, and an e-certificate electronically for your files.
Paul practices Acupuncture, Tuina, remedial therapeutic massage, Qi gong and dietary therapy in Longfield, Kent. He has a practice in Kent, is a first aid instructor and set up and runs the New Ash Green Rugby Club treatment centre, a unique multi-disciplinary, multi-bed unit, treating male and female senior and junior sports players. He graduated in massage in 1993 and in acupuncture in 1997, achieved his PGCE in 2002, and his Masters in education in 2012…Read more
Before you attend
- Refreshments and lunch sadly are not provided.
- You will need to bring a pen or pencil, we will be providing everything else; full colour course notes, all of the training equipment etc.
- All participants must be prepared to give and receive treatments during the training, and a must be over 18 years old.
- If you are fasting for religious or other reasons you must inform the tutor before the course commences.
- As a participant you must have a sound working knowledge of Acupuncture, any particular style.
- Due to the practical hands on nature of the course the minimum number of participants is 6.
- This course may not suitable for women who are pregnant or are trying to get pregnant.