Emergency Paediatric First Aid
This qualification is ideal for you if you are wishing to become a paediatric first aiders in a workplace with the responsibility for the welfare of infants and children.
This qualification is intended for learners already working or preparing to work in the childcare and education industries and it meets the requirements for paediatric first aid outlined in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
This program will equip you with the necessary skills and knowledge to handle emergency situations with confidence.
The certification lasts for three years, ensuring that you are up-to-date with the latest industry standards and protocols.
It's valid for
* Not all professional associations accept this as CPD.
Its a level
It's valid for
Book securely though our Eventbrite booking system here
Tickets coming soon.
Keep an eye out for dates set.
This course will teach you how to help a if an infant or child that has become injured, sick or ill. You will learn about what a first aider does and how to check what happened.
On this interactive 2 day practical course you wil learn:
- The roles and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- How to assess an incident
- Providing first aid to an infant or child who is unresponsive
- The recovery position
- Recognising signs and symptoms of injury and illness
- CPR and the use of an AED
- How to administer first aid to an infant or child who is suffering with Anaphylaxis and use Auto-injectors
- Providing first aid to a an infant or child who is choking
- Dealing with life threatening bleeding and shock
How to administer first aid to an infant or a child with head and spinal injuries
- Fractures, Burns, Electric shocks and sudden poisoning
This course is perfect for you if you wish to become a paediatric first-aider in the workplace.
it meets the requirements for paediatric first aid outlined in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
You don’t need formal qualifications to join the course, but you should be able to read and write English at a basic level.
You must be over 14 years old.
This qualification is assessed by the following two methods:
- Practical assessments – You must competently demonstrate practical first aid skills covered on the course, CPR, Defib, etc.
- Theory assessment – You must answer 33 multiple-choice questions. The pass mark is 75% 23/33.
You will receive a Highfield Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF) upon successfully completing the course. We send you a hard copy by post, and an e-certificate electronically for your files.
This qualification is usually obtained by taking a 2-day classroom-based course. However, it can also be achieved through a variety of other methods including: blended learning: as long as the 12 mandatory learning hours are completed and at least two thirds of the course time is face-to-face. For example, completing pre-course work or e-learning (4 hours) followed by an 8-hour classroom-based course.
Paul holds a Masters in Eduction, and teaches and practices Acupuncture, Tuina, massage in Longfield, Kent. He has practices in Kent, is a senior first aid instructor for the Rugby Football Union, and set up and runs the new Ash Green Multi-Bed unit Read more ….
You will receive full acess to any online VLE elements of the course.
Reviews of techniques covered.
All downloadable free first aid resources, available HERE.
This is an externally quality assured Highfield Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF).