Participation in CPD Group training sessions.
The purpose of this information is to ensure that you recognise your rights with respect to acceptance and refusal of any treatment you receive, and information you disclose during the training sessions that you undertake with the company. As a participant you have a right to understand any treatment you receive, to choose at all stages whether or not to receive the treatment, and to know the standards of confidentiality maintained by those providing your care.
By participating in a training session where you divulge personal information, give and receive testaments, you should understand that you are agreeing to the following:
- You understand that any practitioner / supervisor, or learner may treat you, however the experienced qualified practitioner / supervisor will take the overall responsibility for your treatment.
- Any information you provide will be held in the strictest of professional confidence and used only by learners and practitioners / supervisors for the purposes of the days learning.
- You are expected to ask for any information that will allow you to understand any treatment you are offered, especially if you are in any doubt.
- Information provided by you may be disclosed by the learner to the practitioner / supervisor in order to ensure that you receive safe and appropriate treatment.
- Other learners, practitioner / supervisors may be present to observe the consultation and treatment.
- You understand that you may be treated in an open environment where there will be other learners and staff present.
- You understand that if you are deemed to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol you may be refused treatment and that the supervisor / practitioner and leaners also have the right to refuse you treatment.
- Initial consultations may, upon request, be undertaken in a separate room to the main teaching room, where possible.
- The supervisor / practitioner or learner is expected to give you explanations as to any areas of your body that may need to exposed for treatment, and will without coercion or pressure, offer you sufficient time to decline treatment should you so wish.
- You understand that you may withdraw your consent for any procedure, treatment, or the use of any of your personal information at any time without and the need to explain your decision.