Emergency First Aid at Work - Level 3 Award (RQF)
The objective of this qualification is to support you in becoming an emergency first aider in the workplace. The content of the qualification meets the HSE requirements for emergency first-aiders in those organisations that have identified that staff need to be trained to this level within their first-aid needs assessment.
The qualification covers knowledge such as the roles and responsibilities of the first aider, how to assess an incident and recognising signs and symptoms of injury and illness. It also covers first aid skills in CPR and use of an AED, providing first aid to a casualty who is choking and dealing with external bleeding and hypovolaemic shock.
In line with guidance provided by the HSE, the qualification supports/approves work place first aiders for a period of 3 years, after which point you will need to retake the course. In addition to this, it is recommended that you refresh your knowledge annually.
Up and coming First Aid courses
Is it for me ?
This qualification is aimed at learners who wish to become emergency first-aiders in the workplace. This qualification meets the requirements for training emergency first-aiders in those organisations that have identified that staff need to be trained to this level within their first-aid needs assessment.
How long will it take ?
To complete this qualification learners should expect to undertake 7 hours of learning, typically over one day, with a minimum contact time of 6 hours.
The qualification covers knowledge such as the roles and responsibilities of the first aider and how to assess an incident. The qualification also covers first aid skills in CPR and use of an AED, providing first aid to a casualty who is choking and dealing with external bleeding and hypovolaemic shock.
This qualification is assessed by the following two methods: 1. Practical assessment - Learners must demonstrate the practical first aid skills, as indicated within the Highfield assessment paperwork. 2. Theory assessment - Learners must answer a series of multiple-choice questions as outlined within the Highfield assessment paperwork.
Learners will receive a Highfield Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF) upon successfully completing the course.
Individuals achieving this qualification can progress onto • Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work
There is an E-learning option available with this course
We will implement the following measures to keep learners and our employees safe:
- We will ask anyone who is unwell with symptoms of Covid-19 to not attend the course
- The temperature of each attendee will be taken, using a hands-free thermometer, before the course commences.
- If any person develops any Covid symptoms during the course they shall be asked to leave immediately, and asked to seek appropriate medical advice.
- The seating in any breakout areas and training rooms will be allow for appropriate social distancing on the arrival and throughout the day.
- Learner numbers on any particular course will reflect the training area available.
- Whenever reasonably practical, social distancing will be maintained except where absolutely necessary for training and assessment purposes.
- For sessions of training and assessment where it is necessary to come within 2 metres of other learners, related to a situation where a first aider may be expected to wear PPE in a real emergency, appropriate PPE will be provided.
- Necessary small groups will be done within the same groups to minimise the number of people with whom learners come into closer contact with.
- We encourage regular use of hand washing facilities and provide alcohol-based hand sanitisers in each training room for regular use.
- We encourage the regular cleaning of manakins during the course and manakin cleaning facilities will be provided to each leaner.
- We have rigorous cleaning and sanitising procedures for all of our training equipment.
- The equipment is thoroughly cleaned before and after each training course.
Other First Aid courses provided by us for you.
Share this amazing first aid course