Emergency First Aid at Work
Our one-day emergency first aid course has been designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge necessary to respond competently in emergency situations.
By completing our regulated qualification, you can comply with healthcare first aid standards set by your regulatory body, and requirements set by the HSE for emergency first aiders in your workplace, where this level of training is identified.
Our main objective is to provide comprehensive training and support, enabling you to offer essential assistance to colleagues and clients during medical emergencies.
Together, we can ensure the safety and well-being of all individuals involved.
Attending this course will give you the confidence and expertise to provide vital first aid support, making you an extremely valuable asset to your workplace.
It's valid for
* Not all professional associations accept this as CPD.
Its a level
It's valid for
It costs from
Slect your tickets from one of the events below
April 11th 2024 (Thursday)
Guy’s Campus, Shepherds House, Collingwood Street, London, SE1 1UL
This course will teach you how to help someone if they are sick or hurt. You will learn about what a first aider does and how to check what happened. You will also learn how to give first aid for different problems like CPR, using an AED, helping someone who is choking, stopping bleeding, and dealing with shock.
On this interactive 1 day practical course you wil learn:
- The roles and responsibilities of the first aider
- First aid in my clinic
- How to assess an incident
- The recovery position
- Recognising signs and symptoms of injury and illness
- CPR and the use of an AED
- Anaphylaxis and Auto-injectors
- Providing first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Dealing with life threatening bleeding and shock
As an experienced, qualified trainer, I was with the Metropolitan Police Service for 30 years before leaving it in June 2013.
Whilst my training experience is wide and varied, in more recent years I have specialised in two areas that he has a real passion and aptitude for training. Read more…
Paul holds a Masters in Eduction, and teaches and practices Acupuncture, Tuina, massage in Longfield, Kent. He has practices in Kent, is a senior first aid instructor for the Rugby Football Union, and set up and runs the new Ash Green Multi-Bed unit Read more ….
You will receive a Highfield Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF) upon successfully completing the course. We send you a hard copy by post, and an e-certificate electronically for your files.
The course is typically delivered over 1 day, or 2 evenings, depending on your mode of study and your pace as a learner.
The total qualification time for this qualification is 7 hours and of this 6 are recommended as guided learning hours.
This award is aimed at learners who wish to become emergency first-aiders in the workplace.
It meets the requirements for training emergency first-aiders in organisations that have identified staff need to be trained to this level within their first-aid needs assessment.
You don’t need formal qualifications to join the course, but you should be able to read and write English at a basic level.
You must be over 14 years old.
This qualification is assessed by the following two methods:
- Practical assessment – You must demonstrate the practical first aid skills, as indicated within the Highfield assessment paperwork, CPD, etc.
- Theory assessment – You must answer 15 multiple-choice questions as outlined within the assessment paperwork. The pass mark is 75% 11/15.
- Refreshments and lunch sadly are not provided.
- You will need to bring a pen or pencil, we will be providing everything else; full colour course notes, all of the training equipment etc.
- All participants must be prepared to give and receive simulated first aid during the training, and a must be over 14 years old.
- If you are fasting for religious or other reasons you must inform the tutor before the course commences.
Downloadable free first aid resources are available on our VLE site HERE.
This is an externally quality assured Highfield Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid (RQF).