Ear Acupuncture – Treating the MSK system
This 1-day hands on practical event, will enable you as a participant, to learn how to integrate auricular therapy into your current professional discipline and practice to help treat acute and chronic musculoskeletal probelms, in particular, Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, sciatica, back pain, spains, strains, prolapsed discs and fractures.
It’s been created exclusively for practitioners seeking to expand their knowledge and skills in acupuncture, and will provide you with a unique and comprehensive opportunity, to deepen your understanding of ear acupuncture and its associated techniques.
In attending the workshop you’ll develop new clinical and patient handling skills, new acupuncture needling techniques, and practical non-invasive treatment methods.
Traditional Chinese, Western, and Microsystems paradigms of medicine will underpin and reinforce the course, and up-to-date evidence-based research and the tutor’s clinical experience, support all of the teaching.
It's valid for
Its a level
post graduation course
Book securely though our Eventbrite booking system
This 1-day practical interactive workshop will enable you to learn how to integrate ear acupuncture and auricular therapy into your current clinical practice, to help treat, Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, sciatica, back pain, spains, strains, prolapsed discs and fractures
You will learn;
- The history of auricular acupuncture
- Revision of the anatomy of the ear
- The location and function of a number of auricular acupuncture points, including the musculoskeletal system and organ points that can be applied to treatments within both a Western and Asian framework
- New patient handling skills
- New acupuncture needling techniques
- A number of practical non-invasive treatment approaches that can be applied to the ear, e.g. ear seeds, moxa etc.
- How to use and integrate treatments into your current clinical practice to enhance treatments, speed your clients recovery, and improve clinical outcomes.
- Explore the research behind how auricular acupuncture can facilitate the body’s own healing mechanisms in order to improve rehabilitation and recovery.
- Health and safety and clinical issues.
- Red flags and contraindications.
- First aid for common adverse clinical events.
The course is mapped to Skills for Healths National Occupational Standards for Microsystems Acupuncture
The course has been uniquely devised for practising and final year therapists of all disciplines, who hold professional insurances that will cover them for the use of acupuncture within their scope of practice, and who have an interest in developing and enhancing their clinical skills.
- Acupuncturists (BAcC, BMAS, ATCMA etc.).
- Osteopaths (Dry needling).
- Chiropractors (Dry needling).
- Physiotherapists (AACP).
A working knowledge of acupuncture (any particular style) is required.
As you progress through the course, your tutor will provide you with regular formative assessments. These are designed to provide you with constructive feedback, instruction, and correction in order to help you thrive on the course.
Your tutor will closely observe your progress and provide you with comprehensive assessments in a professional and supportive manner, as part of the learning process.
The course runs over a 1-day face to face clinical training day.
You will receive a CPD certificate recognised by your professional asscoaition valid for 7 hours CPD.
We send you a hard copy by post, and an e-certificate electronically for your files.
Paul practices Acupuncture, Tuina, remedial therapeutic massage in Longfield, Kent. He is a senior RFU first aid instructor and set up and runs the New Ash Green Rugby Club treatment centre, a unique multi-disciplinary, multi-bed unit, treating male and female senior and junior sports players.
He graduated in massage in 1993 and in acupuncture in 1997, achieved his PGCE in 2002, and his Masters in education in 2012.
He was instumental in the establishment of the Microsystems Acupuncture Register on the CNHC …Read more…
Before you attend
- You will receive on the day free; a stainless steel ear probe, a unique laminated ear acupuncture poster and a full set of colour notes.
- Access to the VLE element of the course is included and should be compelted prior to the course
- Due to the practical hands on nature of the course, the minimum number of participants is 6, and a maximum of 12.
- Refreshments and lunch sadly are not provided.
- You will need to bring a pen or pencil, we will be provide you with everything else; full colour course notes, all of the training equipment etc.
- All participants must be prepared to give and receive treatments during the training, must be over 18 years old, and have read and completed the health screening questionnare.
- As a participant you must have a sound working knowledge of Acupuncture (any particular style).
- This course may not suitable for women who are pregnant or are trying to get pregnant.
- If you are fasting for religious or other reasons you must inform the tutor before the course commences.