Integrating Ear Acupuncture into your practice
Attending the workshop will enable you to develop new practical and patient handling skills, new acupuncture needling techniques and practical non-invasive treatment approaches to use with your clients.
This is a 2-day practical interactive workshop that will enable you, as a participant, to learn how to integrate ear acupuncture and auricular therapy into your current clinical practice, gaining an insight into both the theoretical and practical basis for the integration of auricular acupuncture / therapy alongside your own professional discipline.
Traditional Chinese Acupuncture Models, Western anatomical models and Microsystems Acupuncture models of medicine will underpin and reinforce the course, and the use of up-to-date evidence based research and the tutors clinical experience supports all of the teaching.
Is it for me ?
This qualification will introduce learners to moving and handling activities required for those starting work, returning to work or who need specific training in manual handling, as well as being a suitable qualification for refresher training. The objective of the qualification is to prepare learners for employment or to support a role in the workplace.Learners gaining this qualification will understand that moving and handling must be carried out correctly and will recognise its importance in ensuring a safer working environment.
How long will it take ?
To complete this qualification, learners should expect to undertake 10 hours of guided learning.
Subjects covered include:the reasons for safe manual handlingmanual handling risk assessments principlestypes of equipment testing requirements associated with manual handling safety.
This qualification is assessed by a multiple-choice examination and a practical examination.
The course is mapped to Skills for Healths National Occupational Standards for Microsystems Acupuncture.
Individuals achieving this qualification can then progress onto the Highfield Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace, or a Highfield Level 2 Award in Moving People Safely.
There is an E-learning option available with this course
Share this Post
You will learn;
- The anatomy of the ear
- The location and function of a number of auricular acupuncture points, including the NADA protocol, The Battlefield Protocol, The new Anxiety protocol, Master points, and others.
- Non invasive treatment approaches and techniques such as ear seeds etc.
- How to use and integrate treatments into your current clinical practice to enhance treatments, speed your clients recovery, and improve clinical outcomes.
- Explore the research behind how auricular acupuncture can facilitate the body’s own healing mechanisms in order to improve rehabilitation and recovery.
- Health and safety issues.
- Red flags and contraindications.
- First aid for common clinical events.
Share this Amazing CPD Ear Acupuncture 2 day workshop