Integrating Ear Acupuncture into your practice
Attending the workshop will enable you to develop new practical and patient handling skills, new acupuncture needling techniques and practical non-invasive treatment approaches to use with your clients.
This is a 2-day practical interactive workshop that will enable you, as a participant, to learn how to integrate ear acupuncture and auricular therapy into your current clinical practice, gaining an insight into both the theoretical and practical basis for the integration of auricular acupuncture / therapy alongside your own professional discipline.
Traditional Chinese Acupuncture Models, Western anatomical models and Microsystems Acupuncture models of medicine will underpin and reinforce the course, and the use of up-to-date evidence based research and the tutors clinical experience supports all of the teaching.
The course is mapped to Skills for Healths National Occupational Standards for Microsystems Acupuncture.
You will learn;
- The anatomy of the ear
- The location and function of a number of auricular acupuncture points, including the NADA protocol, The Battlefield Protocol, The new Anxiety protocol, Master points, and others.
- Non invasive treatment approaches and techniques such as ear seeds etc.
- How to use and integrate treatments into your current clinical practice to enhance treatments, speed your clients recovery, and improve clinical outcomes.
- Explore the research behind how auricular acupuncture can facilitate the body's own healing mechanisms in order to improve rehabilitation and recovery.
- Health and safety issues.
- Red flags and contraindications.
- First aid for common clinical events.
The course has been uniquely devised for practising and final year therapists of all disciplines who hold professional insurances that will cover them for the use of acupuncture within their scope of practice, and who have an interest in developing and enhancing their clinical skills.
- Acupuncturists (BAcC, BMAS, ATCMA etc.).
- Osteopaths (Dry needling).
- Chiropractors (Dry needling).
- Physiotherapists (AACP).
A working knowledge of acupuncture (any particular style) is desirable but not essential.
- You will receive on the day free; a stainless steel probe, a high quality practice silicone ear, a unique laminated ear acupuncture poster and a full set of colour notes, worth over £50.00.
- Refreshments and lunch sadly are not provided.
- You will need to bring a pen or pencil, we will be providing everything else; full colour course notes, all of the training equipment etc.
- You will be formatively assessed throughout the course by the tutor, with them providing you with constructive feedback and instruction.
- All participants must be prepared to give and receive treatments during the training, and a must be over 18 years old.
- If you are fasting for religious or other reasons you must inform the tutor before the course commences.
- Due to the practical hands on nature of the course the minimum number of participants is 4.
9.30 am to 5.00 pm on both days
Valid for 14 hours CPD
Paul practices Acupuncture, Tuina, remedial therapeutic massage, Qi gong and dietary therapy in Longfield, Kent. He has a practice in Kent, is a first aid instructor for both the RFU and the FA. He set up and runs the New Ash Green Rugby Club treatment centre, a unique multi-disciplinary, multi-bed unit, treating male and female senior and junior sports players. He graduated in massage in 1993 and in acupuncture in 1997, achieved his PGCE in 2002, and his Masters in education in 2012... read more
Other acupuncture CPD courses provided by us for you.
Share this Amazing CPD Ear Acupuncture 2 day workshop