First Aid at Work
This first aid award is designed to assist you, if you aspire to become first aider in your workplace with a focus on ensuring the wellbeing of others.
The training course is tailored to meet the requirements of any organisation, that has identified a need to train their staff at this level, as part of their first aid needs assessment.
Upon completion of this training, you will possess the necessary skills and knowledge to competently handle emergency situations with confidence.
The certification provided, upon completion, is valid for three years, keeping you abreast of the latest industry protocols and standards.
It's valid for
* Not all professional associations accept this as CPD.
Its a level
It's valid for
Book securely though our Eventbrite booking system
The qualification covers knowledge such as the roles and responsibilities of the first aider, how to assess an incident and recognising signs and symptoms of injury and illness.
The qualification also covers first aid skills in CPR and use of an AED and assisting a casualty who is suffering from major injury and illness such as chest injuries, spinal injuries and anaphylaxis.
On this interactive 3 day practical course you wil learn:
- The roles and responsibilities of the a first aider
- How to assess an incident
- Providing first aid to a casualty who is unresponsive
- The recovery position
- Recognising signs and symptoms of injury and illness
- CPR and the use of an AED
- How to administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering with Anaphylaxis and use Auto-injectors
- Providing first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Dealing with life threatening bleeding and shock
- How to administer first aid to a casualty with head and spinal injuries
- Fractures, Burns, Electric shocks and sudden poisoning
This course is perfect for you if you wish to become a first-aider in the workplace.
it meets the requirements for first aid oas outlined by the HSE.
You don’t need formal qualifications to join the course, but you should be able to read and write English at a basic level.
You must be over 14 years old.
This qualification is assessed by the following two methods:
- Practical assessments – You must competently demonstrate practical first aid skills covered on the course, CPR, Defib, etc.
- Theory assessment – You must answer multiple-choice questions. The pass mark is 75%.
You will receive a Highfield Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (RQF) upon successfully completing the course. We send you a hard copy by post, and an e-certificate electronically for your files.
This qualification is usually obtained by taking a 3-day classroom-based course with 18 contact hours.
Paul holds a Masters in Eduction, and teaches and practices Acupuncture, Tuina, massage in Longfield, Kent. He has practices in Kent, is a senior first aid instructor for the Rugby Football Union, and set up and runs the new Ash Green Multi-Bed unit Read more ….
You will receive full acess to any online VLE elements of the course.
Reviews of techniques covered.
All downloadable free first aid resources, available HERE.
This is an externally quality assured Highfield Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (RQF).