This 1-day practical interactive workshop will enable you to learn how to integrate ear acupuncture and auricular therapy into your current clinical practice, to help treat; Infertility, Menopause, Premenstrual syndrome, Fibroids, Dysmenorhea.
Attending the course will enable you to gain an insight into both the theoretical and practical basis for the integration of auricular acupuncture / therapy alongside your own professional discipline, to help treat problems of the female reproductive system.
Traditional Chinese acupuncture models, Western anatomical models and Microsystems acupuncture models of health will underpin and reinforce the course, and the use of up-to-date evidence based research and the tutors extensive clinical experience supports all of the teaching.
Who is the course for ?
The course has been uniquely devised for practicing therapists of all disciplines who hold professional insurances that will cover them for the use of acupuncture within their scope of practice, and who have an interest in developing and enhancing their clinical skills.
- Acupuncturists, (BAcC, ATCMA, NADA, SMART, CNHC)
- Osteopaths, (Dry needling)
- Physiotherapists, (AACP, BMAS) etc.
A working knowledge of acupuncture (any particular style) is desirable but not required.
What will I learn?
You will be shown new patient handling skills, new acupuncture needling techniques and a number of practical non-invasive treatment approaches that can be applied to the ear, e.g. ear seeds. to use with your clients.
The practical component of the course will include the revision of auricular anatomy, the location and use of auricular acupuncture points including the uterus, ovaries, progesterone, oestrogen, pelvic cavity, kidneys, gonads, master points and others, that can be applied to treatments within both a Western and Asian framework,
The course will highlight how auricular acupuncture can facilitate the body’s own healing mechanisms. You will learn the location and function of a number of auricular acupuncture points, and be shown how to use and integrate them into your current clinical practice to enhance treatments, speed your clients recovery, and improve your clinical outcomes.
Is the course assessed?
- Assessment is undertaken on a continuous basis by the tutor throughout the day as the course is a hands on practical workshop
- As participants you will be working in pairs throughout the day.
- You must be over 18 years of age
- There will only be a maximum of 12 attendees on the course, so book early to secure your place
- All participants must have read and signed the consent and health declaration forms to give and receive treatments during the workshop prior to the commencement of the course.